RULES AND REGULATIONS
Rules and regulations of the XXXX VGIK International Student Festival
1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
VGIK International Students Festival is annual. The main activities of the festival are organized at Russian State University of Cinematography (VGIK), Moscow cinemas and in more than 100 Russian cities and towns.
The festival consists of five competition programs:
▪ The competition of VGIK students’ films
▪ The International competition of student films
▪ The International Theatre Competition
▪ The competition “A Hero of Our Time”
▪ The screenplay competition
There are also technical presentations, retrospective screenings, Q&A sessions, workshops, special screenings of new films and winners of different cinema festivals, exhibitions, press-conferences and panels.
VGIK International Students Festival is organized by Russian State University of Cinematography named after S.A. Gerasimov (VGIK), Production Center " VGIK -debut ", with the support of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation, Filmmakers Union of the Russian Federation, Moscow Government, Moscow Culture Committee.
1.2. THE PURPOSES OF THE FESTIVAL
▪ To present and assess the latest student productions by Russian and international film and TV schools;
▪ To support creative and professional contacts and exchanges of experience and ideas between film schools worldwide;
▪ To draw public attention to the creativity of young filmmakers - future film and television professionals;
▪ To draw other Russian regions’ attention to student films;
▪ To support students and form their social and cultural status;
▪ To find and help the most talented students, directors and teachers;
▪ To increase Russian film audience;
▪ To extend the business opportunities with foreign film and theatre schools.
1.3. THE FESTIVAL’S GEOGRAPHY
The main activities of the festival are organized at All-Russian State University of Cinematography (VGIK), Moscow non-commercial cinemas, in four branches of VGIK in Kaliningrad, Irkutsk, Sergiyev Posad and Rostov-on-Don, as well as in other Russian cities and towns such as Barnaul, Angarsk, Vladimir, Voronezh, Kaluga, Krasnoyarsk, Irkutsk, Obninsk, Novosibirsk, Nizhny Novgorod, Perm, Samara, St. Petersburg, Omsk, Orel, Tver, Tula, Chelyabinsk, Yaroslavl and others.
The number of cities is annually growing.
The student's films are assessed by the Professional Jury and the Student Jury.
The Professional Jury of VGIK competition, the International Jury and the Theatre competition Jury consist of the leading figures of culture and art and are formed by the Organizing Committee of the festival.
The Student Jury consists of students from VGIK and other Russian art schools and is also formed by the Organizing Committee of the festival.
The number of the jury members is determined by the Organizing Committee.
1.5. SPECIAL PROVISIONS
The Organizing committee invites all participants and guests to various events of the Festival. All events of the VGIK International Students Festival are in Russian and English languages.
The Festival can use photographs, slides and film clips (no longer than 3 minutes) for the festival publications.
1.6. CONTACTS OF THE FESTIVAL
Contact phone: +7 499 181 24 06
Contact email addresses:
For the general questions:
– Program Department / VGIK Student Film Competition
-International Department/ International Film Competition
VGIK INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FESTIVAL
All-Russian State University of Cinematography named after S.A. Gerasimov
129226, Russia, Moscow, Wilhelm Pieck street, 3